Our Privacy Values.
Your privacy matters to McDonald’s Philippines. Thus, PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
- The types of data that we collect
- Purposes for which we collect and use data
- How we share data to our McDonald’s Family, trusted companies, businesses, and vendors,including international data transfers
- The protection and security measures we have in place
- How long we retain information
- Your access and control to your own Personal Data
- Links to external websites and social media
- How to contact us
1. Types of Information We Collect and How It Is Used
The information we collect fall into three categories:
(a) Those you give us
(b) Those we collect through automated means, and
(c) Those we collect from other sources (collectively, the “Personal Data“).
Please note that we may combine all of these sources of information.
Information You Give Us.
McDonald’s Philippines gathers the following personal information:
- First and last names,
- Postal/billing addresses and/or email addresses,
- Mobile and/or landline telephone numbers,
- Marital status,
- Supporting details of your identification (ID) such as senior citizen/persons with disability/student IDs,
- Online Services account access information e.g. username and password, transaction information e.g., products you buy and payment preferences, and
- Other details provided in your public profiles, if applicable, as well as other metadata e.g,. frequency of usage, product preferences, preferred delivery times, and other log-in data (Wi-Fi log-in information) when voluntarily submitted by you.
Information from Automated Means
McDonald’s Philippines may use various new and hereafter developed technologies to collect Usage Information and demographic information about you (“Tracking Technologies“) which technologies may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. A few of the methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with Mobile Apps, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Mobile App, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag (or entity tag). A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of device identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and HTML5 cookies.
Mobile Apps may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. McDonald’s Philippines uses this information for locationbased services that you request such as locating nearby McDonald’s restaurants or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you or to deliver relevant content to you based on your location or to allow you to share your location to other users as part of the Services under our Mobile Apps. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for McDonald’s Philippines to acquire this information on your location through the device settings.
If you have any questions about how to prevent us from collecting exact information about your location, we recommend you contact your mobile-device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your web-browser provider. Some online Services may not work properly without information about your location. If you would like us to delete information we have collected which could identify your location, please contact us through the Contact information provided below. By law, please note that we may need to keep certain information.
Information from Other Sources.
We may collect public profile information when customers interact with us through social media to the minimum extent necessary to achieve the specific business purposes, functions, or activities.
The protection and security measures that we have designed.
To ensure the security of the Personal Data you submit, McDonald’s Philippines always uses industrystandard encryption software and technologies when transferring and receiving customer data. We have appropriate security measures that protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Data that you have submitted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand that there may be circumstances beyond McDonald’s Philippines’ reasonable control that may result in the instability or insufficiency of said measures. You agree that, under such circumstances, McDonald’s Philippines shall not be liable or responsible for any unauthorized use, sharing, transfer, alteration, loss, or damage to any information that McDonald’s Philippines may have gathered.
How long we retain various data.
2. Use and Sharing of Personal Information
When you use our Services, McDonald’s Philippines may collect, process, use and/or store your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For carrying out your requests, fulfilling orders, processing payments, and providing delivery services;
- Allow you access and use our online Services, where without them, our online Services may not work properly;
- Provide you with information or Services that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of McDonald’s Philippines or our McDonald’s Family during any promotions (if you consent). By opting in to receive promotional email, and marketing materials, you hereby give permission to McDonald’s Philippines to send you direct and indirect marketing materials and advertising information to you, such as discount coupons and information about new product offerings based on your customer profile and behavior. If you wish to change your preference in this regard, you can contact us through the Contact information provided below;
- Inform you about the products and services of our business partners (if you consent). If you elect not to receive direct or indirect marketing materials from McDonald’s Philippines’ business partners, McDonald’s Philippines will send a mailing or e-mail messages on behalf of the partners. You can contact us through the Contact information provided below should you opt not to receive such marketing materials from McDonald’s Philippines’ business partners, whether from them directly or through McDonald’s Philippines;
- Process your registration with the Services, including verifying if your information is active and valid;
- Enable you to participate in a variety of the online Services’ features such as promotions;
- Improve our Services, to customize your experience on the Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
- Contact you with regard to your use of the Services or any of your requests, questions, complaints, and comments and, in our discretion, make changes to any of our privacy policies;
- Remember you, for your convenience, when you visit our online Services;
- Market to you through targeted advertising (if you consent);
- Maintain, manage, and improve our offers, promotions, and Services and for the development of other technology;
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other crime, claims, and other liabilities;
- Provide, transfer and/or store any data that it collects from you to McDonald’s parent, subsidiary, associated and affiliated companies, or to any agent, contractor or third party service provider located in or outside of Philippines which provides administrative, data processing, computer or other services to McDonald’s Philippines, to enable us to carry out the purposes permitted under this Policy;
- Disclose Personal Data to those involved in the negotiation or transfer of McDonald’s Philippines in the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of McDonald’s business assets;
- Internal analysis purposes, such as for research and development of products and services (including research on trends or analytics);
- Any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in this Policy, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law; and
- Comply with any applicable laws or rules and regulations or investigative proceedings.
We will seek your consent in any event where we may use the information that we collect about you in other ways at the time that we collect the information.
If you no longer want to receive any further communications from McDonald’s, please contact us via our Contact information set out below.
We will, on occasion, send marketing information on behalf of one of our business partners about products or services they provide that may be of interest to you. You may be asked if you wish to receive marketing materials from McDonald’s business partners. If you elect to receive such materials, McDonald’s will not share your Personal Data with such partners but rather will send a mailing or e-mail on behalf of the partners.
McDonald’s Philippines reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the online Services, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
3. Children’s Privacy Notice
We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit our Sites and Mobile Apps or use our Services. This Children’s Privacy Notice is designed to answer your questions regarding our practices with respect to Personal Data we collect through our Services from children under the age of eighteen (18) (subject always to applicable law).
What Personal Information Does McDonald’s Collect?
Generally, Personal Data will not be collected from any person who is known by McDonald’s Philippines to be under the age of 18 (the “Child“) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We may offer many features on our Sites, like games and colouring books, which do not require a Child to provide any Personal Data.
We will not collect more detailed information from a Child, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent. McDonald’s Philippines will not condition a Child's participation in any child-appropriate online activity on the Child's disclosure of more Personal Data than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
How Does McDonald’s Use the Personal Data It Collects?
We use email addresses submitted by a Child in order to respond to the Child’s request or to notify the Child if he or she has won or lost a contest or promotion they entered or participated in. We use the email address of a parent or guardian, in order to provide the parent notice of our information practices or to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent.
Personal Data collected from the Child is used solely by McDonald’s Philippines, the McDonald's Family, and its service providers.
How Does McDonald’s Share Personal Information?
We may share the Child's Personal Data with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Services, take precautions against liability, or respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities; or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may also share Personal Data collected from the Child with vendors that perform services for McDonald's Philippines and the McDonald’s Family. These services may include hosting our online Services, providing technical, marketing, advertising fulfilment or other services to GADC or the McDonald's system. Such vendors are obligated to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data that we share with them.
Requests from Parents / Guardians Regarding Our Children’s Privacy Practices
Parents / Guardians may review the Personal Data we have collected from their Child that has not been deleted, and can request that the Personal Data be deleted from our records if it has not been already. Parents / Guardians also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their Child’s Personal Data, when the parent / guardian has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us through the Contact information provided below.
Who Should I Contact with Questions?
We urge parents / guardians to regularly monitor and supervise their Child’s on-line activities. If you have any questions about our Children’s Privacy Notice, please contact us through the Contact information provided below.
You are in control of any Personal Data you submit and provide to us through our Services. If at any time, you would like to access, edit, correct, or update the Personal Data we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for communications from us or on behalf of our business partners, or if you would like to withdraw the Personal Data that you had given or provided, you can let us know by contacting us through the Contact information provided below.
For example, we track the total number of users of our online Services on an anonymous aggregate basis. We may also employ cookies so that we remember you when you make a repeat use of our online Services, to keep track of transactions or items in your shopping cart if you purchase merchandise online, or your preferred items or store locations, or to administer certain contests and promotions and to help customize your experience. We may associate Personal Data with a cookie file in those instances. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with the online Services.
We may also collect the following information:
- IP address;
- Computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- Type of mobile device and settings;
- UDID or MDID for your mobile device;
- Advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IPAs) or similar identifiers;
- Referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- Online activity on other websites, applications, or social media;
- Communications to us or regarding us on social media; and
- Activity related to how you use our online Services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
Our online Services (and other services that we may later on develop) may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. We may also collect information that is publicly available.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of relevant Services.
6. Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by McDonald’s Philippines and/or its affiliates. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our online Services, such as Facebook “Like“ buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own policies.
7. International Data Transfers
9. How to Contact Us
GOLDEN ARCHES DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
16th-18th Floors, Citibank Centre Building
8741 Paseo de Roxas Avenue
Makati City, Philippines
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org